Wednesday, November 17, 2010

T-minus 2 weeks

Our time here in San Diego is coming to end.  We hit the road in 2 days to head to AZ for Thanksgiving and get a little more time in with my family.  Then on the 28th we will be starting our 2 day drive up to WA to our new home.  I am both excited and nervous at the same time about this move.  It has been almost 8 years since I have been more than 5 hours away from my family which makes me very nervous.  At the same time I am excited to start a new chapter in our families life and to be settled again.  The kids need it more than anything.

Time here in San Diego has been very nice.  I have greatly enjoyed being able to spend time with our friends the Mercados.  Tonight we did our Christmas gift exchange with them since we will not be able to see them for Christmas. I don't think any of this kids knew what to do with themselves since they got to open presents for to them not reason. They were all so excited, Ayden even got excited and was bouncing up and down.  I am going to miss Nicole and the girls so much and hope that we will get to see them again soon.  I know this is part of the Navy life but we have come so close to them and their family that sucks to have to say goodbye to people that mean so much to us.

I hope everyone has a good night.. I am off to get some sleep so that I can finish packing up our stuff tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment